NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals is now accepting applications for the NAADAC Minority Fellowship Program for Addiction Counselors for the academic year 2017-2018.
Program Purpose: The NAADAC Minority Fellowship Program for Addiction Counselors (NMFP-AC) is designed to increase the number of culturally-competent Master’s level addiction counselors available to underserved and minority populations, and transition age youth (ages 16-25) by providing tuition stipends, training, education, and professional guidance to students in the final year of an accredited Master’s program in addiction/substance use disorder counseling with a demonstrated commitment to working with these specific groups.
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents.
- Be a graduate student enrolled in a Master's degree program at an accredited institution, and be entering the final year of that program during the Fall of 2017.
- Be enrolled in either an Addiction Counseling Master's degree program, or a Master's degree program in Counseling with an addictions track, consisting of no fewer than 12 academic credits on addiction-specific content. The program must also include a supervised clinical internship.
- Commit to providing at least six months post-fellowship addiction/substance use disorder counseling to underserved populations, defined as minority populations, LGBT populations, and/or transition age youth (ages 16-25).
- Attend a Fellowship orientation, complete six educational webinars, and work with an NMFP-AC-provided mentor.
- Submit a complete application that includes all the required documentation.
- Not have been previously notified of ineligibility by NMFP-AC.
NMFP-AC Application Requirements: Prior to applying, interested applicants should carefully review the NMFP-AC eligibility requirements (above) to ensure that all eligibility requirements are met, and then review the application instructions and required supporting documentation needed to complete the application at https://www.naadac.org/nmfp-ac-eligibility-application-process.
Award Notification: NMFP-AC fellows will be selected through a rigorous rolling application and evaluation process, administered by the NMFP staff and NMFP Advisory Committee.
Questions? For additional information, please contact Ace Crawford at email@example.com or 703-741-7686.
To start your application please click on "add" below.