NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals is now accepting applications for the NAADAC Minority Fellowship Program for Behavioral Health Professionals for the academic year 2017-2018.
Program Purpose: The NAADAC Minority Fellowship Program for Behavioral Health Professionals (NMFP-AC) will provide tuition stipends, training, and professional guidance to students who are enrolled in an accredited institution in a behavioral health Master's degree program (social work or marriage & family counseling/therapy) and who are committed to providing substance use disorders and addictions counseling services to underserved populations, including minority and LGBT populations and transition age youth (ages 16-25). The Master's degree program must include an addictions concentration consisting of no fewer than 12 academic credits of addiction-specific content, and a supervised clinical internship.
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents.
- Be a graduate student enrolled in a Master's degree program at an accredited institution, and be entering the final year of that program during the Fall of 2017.
- Be enrolled in a behavioral health Master's degree program (social work or marriage & family counseling/therapy) that includes an addiction concentration of no fewer than 12 academic credits of addiction-specific content, and a supervised clinical internship.
- Commit to providing at least six months post-fellowship addiction/substance use disorder counseling to underserved populations, defined as minority populations, LGBT populations, and/or transition age youth (ages 16-25).
- Attend a Fellowship orientation, complete six educational webinars, and work with an NMFP-BHP-provided mentor.
- Submit a complete application that includes all required documentation.
- Not have been previously notified of ineligibility by NMFP-BHP.
NMFP-BHP Application Requirements: Prior to applying, interested applicants should carefully review the NMFP-AC eligibility requirements (above) to ensure all eligibility requirements are met, then review the application instructions and required supporting documentation needed for the application at https://www.naadac.org/nmfp-bhp.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until funds run out.
Award Notification: NMFP-BHP fellows will be selected through a rigorous rolling application and evaluation process, administered by the NMFP staff and NMFP Advisory Committee.
Questions? For additional information, please contact Ace Crawford at email@example.com or 703-741-7686.
To start your application please click on "add" below.